Friday, October 1, 2010

Spam Masubi

Ever since I was in San Jose and one of my friends took me to Hukilau Resturant for the first time and introduced me to this tasty dish, I fell in love!!!
After I moved back to my super small hometown, I craved this like crazy, especially during my pregancies....
One day I looked up the recipe and saw that it wasnt too hard to make...at the the time (and still when I made this batch), I didnt have a spam masubi maker (which is a small rectangle glass box to form the masubi). When i first made it, i didnt think that I'd be making it as often as i have so i used to use the spam can and cut the top and bottom out to use as a masubi maker.
One can of spam should be cut into 8 thin pieces.
To cook the spam, mix soy sauce and sugar in a pan on low heat. cook spam for a few minutes on each side and take off heat.
each nori piece needs to be cut in half down the center the length of the spam. place the masubi make on top of nori, add a thin layer of steamed white rice (i use calrose, long grain is too dry and separates quickly), add one piece of spam, another layer of rice then take off masubi maker and fold nori. cut in half and enjoy with tabasco sauce and soy sauce or without!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment