Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Chicken Mole

ive never ever been a mole kind of gal...but my comadre gabby had invited my husband and I over one day for her little brother's birthday and her mom had made some awesome turkey mole.
This mole that my comadre's mother had made was not out of a jar like that of which i grew up knowing, but really was from scratch and had a very nice spicy kick to it.
every so often when i fall in love with a dish, i love to attempt it at home.
My dish was no where close (well maybe just a tad), as to the delicious one i had tasted,  but nonetheless as a good attempt
first i must say that my spanish rice came out perfectly awesome this time. My rice is never the same and i love that. everytime it is different and everytime it is delicious.
but this time my rice came put perfectly fluffy!!!!
in a pan i toasted some calrose rice until golden brown with a little bit of oil,
added chicken broth (or water and chicken boullon), tomato sauce, black pepper, la goya-cilantro/tomate seasoning and onion slices. i added enough liquid just to cover rice and covered with a lid on low heat stirring occasionally.
whenliquid had evaporated, i added more broth and stirred and let it finish cooking for about another 20 minutes and continuing to stir. nice and fluffy and perfect!!!

For the mole, i boiled chicken breast (chicken thighs may work better because its juicer). i shredded chicken  and set aside. In the same pot with chicken broth, i boiled chile pasilla, chile de arbol and chile colorado, until soft. i added it all to my handy dandy ninja food chopper (same as processor) and liquified. added it back to the pot and let boil. added chicken and let the whole pot simmer. added salt to taste and voila!!!!
i will never buy mole in a jar again!!! I still need to know Gabby's mom's recipe but until i do, this will have to do!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment