Thursday, September 30, 2010

Fresh Cherry Tomato, Roasted Garlic and Fresh Basil Pesto

I had no idea what to make for dinner but I knew it'd be something with chicken. I was watching my fave channel "Food Network" and one episode was making a cherry tomato, garlic, and basil pesto. My Nino had given me a bag of Cherry tomatoes that I really didn't know what else to do with them except for putting in salad which I did the night before, and I'm not much of a fan of cooked tomatoes n food unless its a sauce...so i figured this would be a good way to put them to use...I roasted the cherry tomatoes with olive oil, salt and pepper in the oven at 375 and in a separate container i roasted garlic covered in olive oil at the same time...about 20 minutes.
when they were all done, i blended tomatoes with olive oil, garlic with half of oil, a little more salt, Parmesan cheese and a handful of fresh basil. My cousin had given me a plant for my birthday and I'm not too good at keeping plants alive and every now and then forge to water it, just earlier that day i took off a lot of dead leaves :(
I blended all together and it was delicious...
poured it over some pasta (your choice) and grilled chicken, served with broccoli and romaine salad and a glass of wine!!!

(with the left over Olive oil from the garlic you can saute the chicken in it and serve or saute some shrimp would be delish!!!)


No comments:

Post a Comment