Monday, November 8, 2010

Eggplant, Basil & Garlic Pesto with Fettuccini and Scallops in Garlic Butter and Parsley

OK i have to admit my side dish is not mine. I went to Trader Joes and saw these in the freezer section and thought they looked super delicious. Its my easy way out side dish....hey we all need some of those!!!!

The main course was Eggplant, basil, and garlic pesto with fettuccini.
I diced up in bite size pieces half of a large eggplant (enought more hubby and i), sauteed in grapeseed oil (hubby's new found healthy love), until golden brown. In my food processor (cuisinart, not the ninja), i put fresh basil (courtesy of my cousin Leticia), 2 garlic gloves, a pinch or 2 of salt and a dash or 2 of oil. Too cooked fettucini, i added a handful or 2 of parmesean cheese, tossed then added eggplant and basil. tossed some more. It'd be great with not so noodlely noodles also, maybe smaller ones.
The original recipe i saw on giada de laurentis' show. Her recipe called for pine nuts into basil and spiral noodles. but as always, i love doing my own version... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment