Saturday, February 5, 2011

Whole wheat wheat bread disaster and success

My first ever attempt at making wheat bread failed. I read the recipe wrong and mixed up some numbers...I thought I would be able to fix it by doubling the recipe and little did I know, doubling the recipe doesn't work well with baked breads...why im still not sure, it just doesn't ;( so I dumped my gross sticky mixture, concluded that I don't do well with metric measurements and chose a different recipe....this time, it was a success!

The bread smelled amazing when it was done and tasted just as amazing...for lunch I made hubby and I low cal wheat bread sandwiches and we shared a serving of Doritos (since we are doing this low-cal thing) instead of mayonnaise I used mustard and cucumbers! Very good...I will def have to make more and continue to try recipies until I find the "perfect" low cal whole wheat bread!







No comments:

Post a Comment